The staff at Capital Region Medical Center considers the volunteer auxiliary, known as the Partners, to be one of the hospital's greatest assets. The Partners members use their time and talents in many ways to help the hospital better serve our community. Partners members assist Capital Region staff by volunteering in the hospital, serving on special ad hoc committees and assuming leadership roles in the Partners organization.
There are currently more than 400 Partners members, including more than 200 members who are active volunteers. The Partners dedicate tens of thousands of volunteer hours to Capital Region Medical Center each year.
Frequently asked questions
They are retired professionals who may have worked as nurses, teachers or accountants to name just a few fields our volunteers represent. They are mothers and fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers. They are high school students interested in learning about the healthcare field. They are active people from all walks of life who like to lend a helping hand.
They work in all areas at CRMC, including surgery waiting room, admissions, medical records, information desks, nutrition, the Capital Cup coffee shop and the gift shops.
Check out our opportunity directory to see a list of volunteer jobs and descriptions.
The Partners members support Capital Region in many other ways. They raise money for special projects. They hold staff appreciation events throughout the year. They encourage healthy behaviors through various activities such as breast cancer awareness drives, promote child safety identification through the WHALE program and offer scholarships to students pursuing healthcare degrees.
- Donated more than $40,000 for patient recliners in the inpatient rehabilitation unit.
- Purchased $25,000 of equipment in the pediatric unit.
- Volunteered nearly 50,000 hours of service to Capital Region each year.
- Donated $250,000 for each of the following projects:
- Goldschmidt Cancer Center.
- Sam B. Cook Healthplex expansion.
- Physicians Office Building expansion.
- Raise money through a variety of fundraising events with proceeds going to specific hospital programs and departments.
- Award over $10,000 in scholarships annually.
- Make Buddy Bears to give to all children who are patients at CRMC.
- Provide Heart Pillows for all cardiac patients.
- Conduct disease prevention and awareness campaigns.
- Promote WHALE (We Have a Little Emergency), a child identification program.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the teen volunteer program has been put on hold.
Partners auxiliary scholarship program
Each year the Partners auxiliary provides scholarships to those pursuing careers in healthcare. Certain requirements must be met to be considered for a scholarship. Click on the links below to view and print the qualification information and the application.
- 2021 Partners Scholarship-College Students
- 2021 Partners Scholarship-High School Students
- 2021 Partners Scholarship-Employee Continuing Education
Already a volunteer?
Current volunteers may visit Volgistics to log in to the volunteer scheduling system.