Offering care for patients ages 8 weeks or older.
When should I go to the emergency room versus an urgent care facility?
Frequently, patients seek the services of the hospital emergency department for ailments or injuries that could be treated more economically, and just as effectively, at an urgent care facility. It is not always easy to determine when you should choose urgent care over the hospital emergency department. The following lists offer some guidance but are not necessarily all-inclusive. To view a PDF version, click here.
- Chest pain with shortness of breath and/or sweating.
- Serious or severe injuries.
- Vaginal bleeding during pregnancy.
- Altered mental states.
- Blacking out or unconsciousness.
- Digit or extremity amputation.
- Poison ingestion.
Urgent care clinic
- Any illness or injury that would prompt you to see your primary care physician.
- Laceration repair (minor cuts).
- Infected ingrown toenails.
- Removal of foreign bodies from the eye.
- Treatment of minor burns.
- Persistent coughs or colds.
- Persistent low-grade fever.
- Strains or sprains.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Skin rashes or irritations.
Edgewood Urgent Care
Capital Region Physiciansk–Edgewood Urgent Care is an urgent care clinic serving Jefferson City and the surrounding communities. Open seven days a week, Edgewood Urgent Care allows you to see a doctor without making an appointment or without going to the emergency room during the weekend. In addition to urgent care patients, the clinic serves a large number of corporate clients with work-injury, drug screens and workers' compensation needs.
For more information about our corporate services call the Corporate and Occupational Health office at 573.644.7878.
Downtown Urgent Care
Capital Region Physicians–Downtown Urgent Care is an urgent care clinic serving downtown Jefferson City and is located next door to Madison's Cafe.
Open five days a week, Downtown Urgent Care allows you to see a doctor without making an appointment or without going to the emergency room, and it is especially quick and convenient for those that live and work right in the heart of Missouri's capital!