The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office for Civil Rights has published a guide for patients that discusses when a provider may share a patient's health information with others involved in the patient's care.
Capital Region Medical Center recognizes the rights of our patients to release their health information.
To facilitate a request for copies of medical records to be released, we ask that you:
- Print the "Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information" form.
- Fill in all the required information on the form.
- Sign and date the authorization (must be signed by the patient, unless the patient is a minor or the patient has a legal representative assigned).
- Include your phone number on the authorization form in case we need to contact you.
- Return the form by U.S. mail to Capital Region Medical Center:
Medical Record Department
P.O. Box 1128
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1128
- Payment of a fee may be required in some circumstances before the information can be released.