Visitor Restrictions due to COVID-19 Precautions
Visitor Restrictions - Effective Thursday, February 11, 2021
Capital Region Medical Center is committed to the safety of our patients, staff and visitors. As the COVID situation continues to change in our community, we continue to adjust visitor guidelines and policies as needed.
Patients in the hospital will designate TWO visitors per patient during visiting hours. Visiting hours are from 6 AM - 9PM, daily.
3 South and 3 West (COVID-19 Patients)
- NO Visitors
- One visitor at a time, unless it is a COVID-19 patient.
- For COVID-19 patients visitation may be granted at the department director's discretion.
- ONE visitor per patient.
- Visitors are required to stay in the room of the patient they are visiting, with mask on.
Inpatient (including Obstetrics)
- Patients in the hospital will have two visitors during visiting hours.
- Visitors coming to see patients staying in the hospital (inpatient) must enter through the hospital/emergency entrance.
- OB: Open age visitation for siblings with director approval
- Inpatient pediatric patients may have two (2) parents/guardians present at all times.
- Exceptions may be granted for end-of-life situations by the unit director.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Two visitors per patient during visitation hours
- One visitor per patient is allowed (physically distanced) in the waiting areas.
Goldschmidt Cancer Center
- Radiation Oncology and Medical Oncology: Two visitors allowed.
- Infusion Center and Radiation Therapy treatments: No visitors are permitted.
- Imaging SW Campus: No visitors are permitted.
- Exceptions can be made for patient with ambulating and/or mental capacity issue.
- Two visitors per patient
SCREENING and MASKS
Anyone entering a Capital Region Medical Center facility will be required to wear a mask or face covering, this includes both visitors and patients. Exceptions to this rule include children seeking care who are under age 2, and individuals with a pre-existing condition that makes it difficult to breathe. Visitors must also wash your hands when entering and exiting a patient's room. Visitors are encouraged to stay six feet away from the patient
Visitors MUST provide their own mask or face covering.
Please note: No one under the age of 18, with the exception of those seeking medical care, will be allowed access.