Family members and friends are important partners in each patient's care. It is the hospital’s desire to create a safe, caring, healing environment for patients while promoting optimal patient care. To do so, visiting guidelines have been established, which may vary based on patient’s location.
With the patient's permission, visitors are welcome at any time. Primary visitation times recommended for patients are 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. when the hospital entrance doors are open. At all times, visitors are to remain quiet to respect resting patients. Typically one to three visitors can be comfortably accommodated. Children of all ages are permitted, but should always be accompanied by an adult. For the safety of all patients, family and friends that are sick with contagious illnesses should refrain from visiting.
If visiting after hours (9 p.m. to 6 a.m.), visitors must enter the hospital through the Emergency Department entrance where they must sign a log and receive a dated badge. This badge is to be worn and visible while in the hospital. Only one adult visitor (over 18 years of age) is allowed to spend the night.
Visitors are welcome and, with parents' permission, unlimited visiting hours are available.
The Family Maternity Center at Capital Region Medical Center promotes the safety, rest, comfort and privacy all new parents need, so we ask visitors to respect the specific requests of our staff and new parents. During the labor, delivery and recovery process, no more than three support persons may be in the birthing suite at a time. Visitors not in the birthing or family suites may go to the Family Maternity Center waiting room or other public areas in the medical center. We request that visitors not stay in the hall outside the suites as this may disrupt other mothers and babies who are trying to rest. An adult visitor must supervise all children under age 10. Cellular telephones and walkie-talkies are not allowed in the nursery areas due to their impact on vital equipment.
Intensive care unit
Visiting hours are individualized per patient at the discretion of the nurse. Please adhere to the following:
- No visitors are allowed during shift report from 6:30 to 10 a.m. and from 6:30 to 8 p.m. to maintain patient confidentiality. Please, do not call the ICU during closed visitation times.
- Before entering the ICU, use the phone located on the wall just outside the ICU entrance. The phone will ring directly to the ICU nurses' desk.
- Please limit two visitors per visitation.
- Please turn off cellphones prior to entering the ICU as they sometimes interfere with important equipment and could jeopardize the safety of our patients.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the ICU.
- To provide the best possible care to the patient, visitors are asked to leave the unit when patients are being admitted, during critical situations or during certain procedures.
- Please do not to use the phones in the ICU area. Two telephones are provided in the ICU waiting room for your use. To call the ICU waiting room directly, call 573.632.5349 or 573.632.5352.