Visitor Restrictions due to COVID-19 Precautions
Visitor Restrictions - Update
Capital Region Medical Center is committed to the safety of our patients, staff and visitors. As the COVID situation continues to change in our community, we continue to adjust visitor guidelines and policies as needed. The below policy went into effect December 17, 2020.
Patients in the hospital will designate ONE visitor per hospitalization for the duration of their stay. Visiting hours are from 7AM - 10AM and 4PM - 7PM.
ICU, 3 South and 3 West
- NO Visitors
- ONE visitor per patient.
- Visitors are required to stay in the room of the patient they are visiting, with mask on.
Inpatient (including Obstetrics)
- Patients in the hospital will have one visitor per hospitalization (designated by them) to visit during visiting hours.
- Visitors coming to see patients staying in the hospital (inpatient) must enter through the hospital/emergency entrance.
- Inpatient pediatric patients may have two (2) parents/guardians present at all times.
- Exceptions may be granted for end-of-life situations by the unit director.
- One visitor per patient is allowed (physically distanced) in the waiting areas.
Goldschmidt Cancer Center
- Radiation Oncology and Medical Oncology: One visitor allowed.
- Infusion Center and Radiation Therapy treatments: No visitors are permitted.
- Imaging SW Campus: No visitors are permitted.
- One visitor per patient
SCREENING and MASKS
Anyone entering a Capital Region Medical Center facility will be required to wear a mask or face covering, this includes both visitors and patients. Exceptions to this rule include children seeking care who are under age 2, and individuals with a pre-existing condition that makes it difficult to breathe. Visitors must also wash your hands when entering and exiting a patient's room. Visitors are encouraged to stay six feet away from the patient
Visitors MUST provide their own mask or face covering.
Please note: No one under the age of 18, with the exception of those seeking medical care, will be allowed access.