Health fairs and screenings
Health professionals from Capital Region can conduct a health fair at your business with your choice of selected testing stations and information on a wide variety of health topics for your employees. The tests can provide valuable insight to all employees about their current health status, and although the results are completely confidential, HealthDirect can provide an overall profile of the participants to the employer.
You can provide valuable health and wellness screening services as a benefit to your employees, tailored to meet the specific needs of your business.
- Blood pressure screening.
- Blood sugar screening.
- Body composition testing.
- Cardiovascular step-test.
- Cardiovascular testing (heart rate).
- Chair massage.
- Color vision screening.
- Colorectal cancer take-home test.
- Diabetic foot screening.
- Flexibility and range of motion tests.
- Glaucoma screening.
- Grip strength measurement.
- Health-risk assessments (computerized individual and group reports).
- Hearing screening.
- Lipid profile (this measures both good and bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels).
- Prostate-specific antigen (recommended for men over 40).
- Pulmonary function test (measures volume and flow of exhaled air from the lungs).
- Safe lifting and body mechanics assessment.
- Total cholesterol screening.
- Vision screening.
If your company facilities are unable to accommodate a testing set-up, CRMC can arrange to have your employees screened by appointment in our own facilities.
Providing on-site vaccinations for your employees shows that you care about their health. It also can save you money by reducing your employee sick days.
Nurses from CRMC can come on-site to administer vaccinations at a special corporate rate including:
Strength and flexibility screenings
By identifying the strength and flexibility of employees post-job offer and on an annual basis, therapists can educate employees about any strength and flexibility deficits that might put them at a higher risk for musculoskeletal injuries at home or on the job.
The professional staff at CRMC will come to your business and test the strength and flexibility of your employees. Upon completion of the screening, employees are counseled about exercises they can do to improve their strength and flexibility.
You can keep this information in the employee files as a baseline for future screenings. In addition, these screenings can be helpful if an employee is injured to establish pre-injury status. Capital Region currently uses this for our employees and has found it beneficial.
Based on your company's desires, screenings can be designed to evaluate:
- Spine range of motion.
- Trunk strength.
- Arm strength.