Home health care
Capital Region Home Health is the first hospital-based home health agency in the mid-Missouri area. We offer home health care services for central Missouri in ten counties across mid-Missouri. We can provide you or a loved one with the very best care, from skilled and caring healthcare professionals. We focus on our patients by first providing a full assessment and then following a care plan of nursing and/or therapy services supported by your own physician.
- We offer a specific, outcome-oriented plan of treatment prepared in collaboration with a primary physician and other healthcare professionals.
- As a hospital-based home care agency, we can easily and conveniently access the high-caliber resources of our acute care hospital, including physicians.
- With home health care services, patients typically save 30 to 70 percent in healthcare expenses compared to hospitalization.
Skilled nursing and therapy services
Imagine if a nurse or a therapist could bring you skilled care at home while teaching you how to live more independently so you can stay in your home. That's what Capital Region Home Health is all about. Our home health services can help you recover from medical events like a stroke or surgery. We can also help you manage chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, COPD or arthritis. Simply put, home health from Capital Region helps you recover, remain at home and live your life to its fullest.
We offer a full line of home health services:
- Skilled nursing services.
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- Wound care.
- Disease and pain management.
- Medication management and education.
- Patient education to promote self-management.
- Treatment for balance problems that can lead to fall risks.
When you choose Capital Region Medical Center's home healthcare, you'll get a personalized approach, with high-quality, cost-effective care and access to the best clinical technology available in local home healthcare. CRMC's home healthcare services are staffed by caring and qualified healthcare professionals, including:
- Professional nurses from Capital Region Home Health, who will assess your condition to assure that your healthcare needs are met and perform the skilled procedures ordered by your physician.
- Physical therapists.
- Occupational therapists.
- Speech therapists.
- Medical social workers who are available to assess social and emotional factors and assist with community resource planning, as well as long-range planning and decision-making.
- Home health aids who assist with personal care, including bathing, hair, nail and skin care as well as dressing. Home health aides also take and record your vital signs.
In addition, we continually evaluate our services to ensure that we are providing the best care possible. One way we assess our performance is by conducting formal satisfaction surveys with patients and referral sources.
To be eligible for home healthcare, the patient must be under a physician's care and have a physician's referral.
- Are you 65 or older?
- Have you been diagnosed with a new illness?
- Has your medication recently changed?
- Has your medical condition recently changed?
- Do you require therapy services?
- Is it difficult for you to leave your home for appointments?
- Have you recently been hospitalized?
- Do you feel you're at risk for a fall?
- Do you have a scheduled surgery or outpatient procedure?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, Capital Region Home Health could be for you. Speak with your physician or call Capital Region Home Health at 573.632.5750 to discuss your treatment options.
Pediatric home health
Capital Region Home Health has a team of skilled professionals to care for infants, children and expecting moms in the safety and comfort of their own home. Our experienced team confidently works with pediatric patients with complex medical conditions, providing a host of services in the safety and familiarity of home or school. Services and conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Medication administration for cancer patients.
- Treatment for patients with congenital heart defects.
- PICC lines.
- Total parental nutrition.
- Fluid infusions.
- Physical therapy.
- Occupational therapy.
- Speech therapy.
- Disease management.
We work directly with the referring physician, family members and the patient to deliver optimal care to the patient at home. Our providers reinforce instructions from the physician or the hospital. This level of support helps identify issues and make adjustments to reduce the chance for rehospitalization.
Philips Lifeline medical alert service
When you experience a fall, medical issue or other emergency, every second counts. If you are alone, delayed medical care can jeopardize your recovery and your independence. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service provides simple, fast access to help 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The No. 1 medical alert service.
- Recommended by over 90,000 healthcare professionals.
- Trusted by thousands of hospitals.
Call 573.632.5033 to learn more about our different options and to find out which one is right for you.
- Boone County
- Cole County
- Callaway County
- Gasconade County
- Maries County
- Miller County
- Morgan County
- Osage County
- Parts of Camden and Moniteau Counties