Your and your family's goals are important in helping to plan the appropriate treatment. During the first few days, the rehabilitation team members will ask you to participate in a number of evaluations. The information you provide will allow the rehabilitation team to assess your abilities, needs and goals. An initial plan of care team conference headed by the physiatrist (rehabilitation physician) is held the first week to set goals, plan of care and target discharge date. Follow-up conferences are held weekly to report on progress and update your plan of care. You and your family's input are essential throughout your rehabilitation process.
Diagnoses we frequently treat:
- Arthritis of multiple joints.
- Amputation of lower extremity.
- Cardiac encephalopathy.
- General debilitation.
- Head injury.
- Hip fracture.
- Neuromuscular diseases.
- Orthopedic trauma.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Pulmonary disorders.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
- The ability to tolerate a minimum of three hours per day of interdisciplinary therapy, excluding rehabilitation nursing and recreational therapy, within 10 days of admission.
- A need for rehabilitation physician and rehabilitation nursing care.
- Medically, neurologically and psychologically stable for 24 hours prior to admission.
- Inability to function independently, where prior independence and function existed.
- Evidence for the potential of functional improvement.
- A desire to reach specific goals and return to the maximum level of independence.
- Evidence of family/caregiver support.
- Pre-admission approval by the insurance company for rehabilitation services.
- Must meet the Missouri PRO admission criteria for acute rehabilitation.
- Patients requiring dialysis will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Wheelchair/durable medical equipment clinic
If you require an individualized wheelchair or other durable medical equipment, you and your family may attend the clinic. Your needs will be evaluated, and you will be prescribed the wheelchair and/or equipment that best fits your needs. During your stay, you will learn the proper use and care of the wheelchair and other positioning devices.