Offering care for patients ages 8 weeks or older.
When should I go to the emergency room versus an urgent care facility?
Frequently, patients seek the services of the hospital emergency department for ailments or injuries that could be treated more economically, and just as effectively, at an urgent care facility. It is not always easy to determine when you should choose urgent care over the hospital emergency department. The following lists offer some guidance but are not necessarily all-inclusive. To view a PDF version, click here.
- Chest pain with shortness of breath and/or sweating.
- Serious or severe injuries.
- Vaginal bleeding during pregnancy.
- Altered mental states.
- Blacking out or unconsciousness.
- Digit or extremity amputation.
- Poison ingestion.
Urgent care clinic
- Any illness or injury that would prompt you to see your primary care physician.
- Laceration repair (minor cuts).
- Infected ingrown toenails.
- Removal of foreign bodies from the eye.
- Treatment of minor burns.
- Persistent coughs or colds.
- Persistent low-grade fever.
- Strains or sprains.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Skin rashes or irritations.
Book an Appointment
Edgewood Urgent Care
Capital Region Physicians–Edgewood Urgent Care is an urgent care clinic serving Jefferson City and the surrounding communities. Open seven days a week, Edgewood Urgent Care allows you to see a provider without making an appointment or without going to the emergency room during the weekend. In addition to urgent care patients, the clinic serves a large number of corporate clients with work-injury, drug screens and workers' compensation needs.
Appointments are not necessary, however, for your convenience, you can let us know when you are coming and schedule your appointment online.
Eastland Urgent Care
Capital Region Physicians–Eastland Urgent Care is Capital Region's newest addition providing access to just in time health care services in the Eastern portion of our community. Located in Eastland plaza near Gerbes grocery store, the clinic serves patients 8 weeks and up for a variety of illness and ailments from colds and coughs, to rashes, allergies and other mild illnesses.
Open seven days a week, Eastland Urgent Care allows you to see a provider without making an appointment or without going to the emergency room. Appointments are not necessary, however, for your convenience, you can let us know when you are coming and schedule your appointment online.